IsoBoard is a type of thermal insulation board typically used in construction applications to increase the energy efficiency of buildings. Here are some of its characteristics:
1. Material: IsoBoard is made from extruded polystyrene foam (XPS), which is a lightweight, rigid, closed-cell insulation material.
2. Thermal Insulation: IsoBoard has a high thermal resistance (R-value), which means that it is an effective insulator against heat transfer. The R-value of IsoBoard depends on its thickness, but it generally ranges from R-5 to R-10 per inch.
3. Moisture Resistance: IsoBoard is a closed-cell insulation material, which means that it does not absorb water. This makes it an excellent choice for applications where moisture resistance is important, such as in below-grade walls or roofs.
4. Durability: IsoBoard is a durable material that is resistant to compression, so it can maintain its insulating properties over time even when subjected to heavy loads.
5. Fire Resistance: IsoBoard is a fire-resistant material and is classified as a Class A building material, which is the highest fire rating available.
6. Easy to Install: IsoBoard is easy to cut and shape, which makes it simple to install in a variety of applications. It is typically installed using mechanical fasteners or adhesives.