Insulfelt/rock wool/mineral wool is used and specified for acoustic and thermal insulation treatment on an enormously wide range of plants and equipment.
Some day-to-day applications include:
- Steam raising plant (boiler side walls, ducting, precipitators, etc.).
- Calorifyers and reactors.
- Heat Exchangers.
- Tanks and vessels – process and storage.
- Baking and drying ovens
- Annealing furnaces and soaking pits.
- Commercial or domestic stoves and cookers.
- Air-conditioning ducting and equipment.
- Road and rail tanker vehicles.
- Road and Rail passenger vehicles and caravans.
- Ship bulkheads.