The Ceramic Blanket has the same excellent chemical stability compared with its raw materials. It has excellent strength before and after heating. It has superior acoustic as well as thermal insulation characteristics. The wide range of available densities allow for the most eﬀective deployment of the superior thermal characteristics in a wide variety of applications.
- PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
- CHARACTERISTICS AND SPECS
- PRODUCT SIZES AND VARIANTS
- HANDLING AND STORAGE
- Furnace and kiln linings.
- Boiler insulations.
- Heat treatment temperature control.
- Glass furnace crown insulation.
- Furnace door seals.
- Duct linings.
- Pipe insulations.
- Thermal barriers for automotive industry.
- Fire protection.
- Die cut shapes for domestic applications.
- Insulation for ﬁeld stress relieving of welds.
- High temperature ﬁlter media.
- Nuclear insulation applications.
- Steam and gas turbines insulation.
- For some applications, it is possible to use Ceramic Blanket above its classiﬁcation temperature (shrinkage is 5% at 1500°C).
- Low heat storage.
- The combination of long spun ﬁbres and the needing operation produce tough, resilient and strong blankets which resist tearing both before and after heating.
|Performance||Excellent insulating performance|
|Unaected by Most Chemicals||Unaﬀected by most chemicals except hydroﬂuoric and phosphoric acids and strong alkalines.|
|Thermal Stability||Excellent thermal stability: ﬁbers have good resistance to devitriﬁcation|
|Resistance||Resistance to thermal shock|
|Sound Absorption||Goods sound absorption.|
|Thermal Conductivity W/(m.k)||
|Product Range||Available thicknesses are 25mm and 50mm|
Lightweight, low thermal conductivity, high temperature stability, excellent handling strength, low heat storage, thermal shock resistant, ﬁre and ﬂame proof, chemical resistant, compatible with most corrosive chemicals, commonly used acid and alkali (exceptions are hydroﬂuoric, phosphoric acids and concentrated alkalis).
- Chemical Composition: Al2O3 + SiO2 >97% ( Al2O3 47%); Fe2O3< 1%
- Fiber Diameter: 3 – 4.5 microns
- Fiber Shrinkage (1800°F, 3h): < 3.5%
- Working Temperature: 1,800 °F. for Continuous Use, 2300 °F Maximum
- Speciﬁc Heat (@2000°F): 0.27 Btu/lb °F
- pH Range: 2-12
- Density: 4, 6, 8 lbs./cu. ft. (64, 96, 128 kg/m3)
- Thickness: 1/4", 1/2", 1", 1-1/2",2" Width: 25mm and 50mm
- It is highly unlikely that the products will cease signiﬁcant amounts of dust during normal handling.
- Dust control measures will rarely required in circumstances involving the fabrication of products from the material.
- However according to good working practices the production of debris should be minimized. Use suction where possible to collect dust.
- Clean waste with HEPA ﬁlter vacuum cleaner.
- Observe emission limits. (See Section 8) store in a dry place.