PIC pipe supports have been designed primarily as a high density foam to replace timber blocks as an insulated pipe bracket system for chilled water pipework. Supplied cut-to- size in 120mm lengths to fit all pipe diameters in thicknesses to suit insulation.
- PIC foams are fine cellular rigid foams.
- PIC pipe supports have excellent thermal conductivity and high compressive strength.
- Low flame spread and smoke emission, hence reducing fire risk.
- Exhibit very good dimensional stability between -100°C and 140°C and can therefore be recommended with confidence in this temperature range.
- Highly chemical resistant, particularly to hydrocarbons and solvents.
- Overall density is 77 - 83kg/m3
- Core sample may exhibit variations of up to 10%
- Test to SABS 1383 of 1983 - Part 5.6
- With direction of rise - 800 kPa
- Variations of+ 10% may be found.
- Test to SABS 1383 of 1983 - Part 5.7
|Closed Cell Content:||Minimum value: 90%. Test to SABS 1383 of 1983- Part 5.8|
|Thermal Conductivity:||At 10°C: 0.028w/m2°C. Test to SABS 1383 of 1983- Part 5.9|
|At – 15°C||max 1.0% Dimension Change|
|At 100°C||max 1.5% Dimension Change|
|At 70°C and 95% RH||max 2.0% Dimension Change|
|All tests are over a 24 hour period.||Test to ASTM D2126|
|Length and Width:||+/-2.0mm maximum|
The information set forth herein is furnished free of charge and is based on technical data that PIC pipe supports are reliable. It is intended for use by persons having technical skill and at their own discretion and risk. Since some conditions of use are outside our control, we make no warranties, express or implied, and assume no liabilities in connection with any use of this information. Nothing herein is to be taken as a licence to operate under or a recommendation to infringe any patent.