Ductwrap is a thermal insulation blanket speciﬁcally designed to wrap around air conditioning ducts. Manufactured from high quality, non-combustible Glasswool, bonded with an inert thermosetting resin binder and faced with a reinforced foil. A 100mm overlapping ﬂange is provided on one side for a neater appearance and adequate seal.
- ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
- PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
- TOOLS NEEDED FOR INSTALLATION
- HANDLING AND STORAGE
- DUCTWRAP SPECIFICATION
- ARCHITECTURAL SPECIFICATION
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- DUCTWRAP INSTALLATION METHODOLOGY
External wrap around metal airconditioning ducts:
- Rectangular and round heating, ventilation and airconditioning systems.
- Long product life
- Noise reduction
- Condensation control
- Odourless, inert and fully compatible with all standard building materials and components
- Will not promote corrosion of steel, copper or aluminium
- Will not breed or promote fungi, mould or bacteria
- Prevents condensation on cold metal duct surfaces, extending the life of the system
Ductwrap is manufactured according to ISO 14001:2004.
Less material, less energy and less emissions
- Zero ozone depleting potential (ODP)
- Zero global warming potential (GWP)
|Savings||Lifelong energy savings|
|Light weight and Easy Handling||Lightweight - facilitates fast and easy installation|
|Safe||Safe application and use|
|High Humidity||Can be used in a high humidity environment|
|Low Operating Costs||Ensure lower operating costs|
|Acoustic Properties||Oﬀers exceptional acoustic properties and enhances indoor environmental quality by absorbtion of mechanical noise generated by air conditioning equipment.|
|Fire Properties||Non-combustible - tested to SANS 10177-5|
|Thermal Properties||Signiﬁcantly reduces heat gain and loss|
|Vermin Proof||Will not sustain vermin|
|R-Value (m²K/W)||Thickness (mm)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Density (kg/m³)||K-Value (W/m.K)||NRC Value|
Tape measure, sharp knife/blade, straight edge and strapping equipment.
- Store product undercover and in dry conditions.
- Store ﬂat.
- Handle with care, especially on the edges and corners, which can be damaged if subject to sharp or heavy impact.
- Do not apply excessive pressure,for example by standing or sitting on the product, as permanent damage may be caused.
Ductwrap: (25/40/50)mm of 18kg/m³ density
- K-value: 0.038 W/mK for 18kg/m³ (ASTM C518) Combustibility: Non-combustable (SANS 10177 Part 5)
- Install (25/40/50)mm Ductwrap over (air-conditioning /heating/cooling) ducts. Staple all the joints and seal with pressure sensitive tape matching the Ductwrap facing. Where rectangular ducts are 600mm in width and greater, Ductwrap shall be additional secured with strapping at 300mm centres. To be is read in conjunction with Glasswool handling Instructions in the Installation methodology.
Install (25/40/50)mm thick ﬂexible non-combustible lightweight “Ductwrap” with reinforced foil facing over rectangular and round (heating/ ventilation/ air conditioning) duct system.
- Before applying Ductwrap, air ducts should be clean, dry and tightly sealed at all joints and seams
- All portions of duct designated to receive Ductwrap should be completely covered with Ductwrap
- Install Ductwrap with the facing showing, butting the adjacent rolls tightly together, utilising the 100mm facing overlap to ensure an adequate seal
- Seams and joints should be sealed with pressure-sensitive tape matching the insulation facing
- Where rectangular ducts are 600mm in width or greater, Ductwrap insulation should be additionally secured with strapping at 300mm centres
- Where a vapour barrier is required, seal all tears, punctures and other penetrations of the Ductwrap facing