Sonic Liner is a flexible Glasswool insulation blanket faced with an acoustically permeable black woven glass cloth on the air stream surface. A 35mm overlapping flange of the facing material is provided on both sides to enable effective sealing. It provides outstanding acoustical and thermal performance with low air friction.
- PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
- HANDLING AND STORAGE
- ARCHITECTURAL SPECIFICATION
- SONIC LINER SPECIFICATION
- SONIC LINER INSTALLATION METHODOLOGY
Specially designed as an internal acoustical insulation liner for sheet metal ducts in heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, operating at temperatures of up to 120°C and air velocities up to 20m/s
- Excellent thermal and acoustic properties
- Minimal air friction while optimising free duct area
- The air stream will not erode or release fibres into the air stream under normal operating conditions
|Savings||Lifelong energy savings|
|Safe||Safe application and use|
|Acoustic Properties||Offers exceptional acoustic properties and enhances indoor environmental quality by absorption of mechanical noise generated by air conditioning equipment. Sonic Liner reduces the transmission or sound along a duct.|
|Thermal Properties||Significantly reduces heat gain and loss|
|Fire Properties||Non-combustible - tested to SANS 10177-5|
|Environmetal Sustainability||Sonic Liner are manufactured according to ISO 14001:2004.
Less material, less energy and less emissions
|R-Value (m²K/W)||Thickness(mm)||Length(mm)||Width(mm)||Density (kg/m³)||K-Value(W/m.K)|
- Store product undercover and in dry conditions.
- Store flat.
- Handle with care, especially on the edges and corners, which can be damaged if subject to sharp or heavy impact.
- Do not apply excessive pressure, for example by standing or sitting on the product, as permanent damage may be caused.
Install (25/50)mm flexible non-combustible lightweight “Sonic Liner” as an internal lining in (heating/ventilation/air conditioning) duct system with the black woven glass cloth facing the air stream surface. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s detail and specification.
- SonicLiner : 25mm of 24kg/m³ density
- SonicLiner : 50mm of 18kg/m³ density
- K-value: 0.036 W/mK for 24kg/m³ (ASTM C518)
- K-value: 0.038 W/mK for 18kg/m³ (ASTM C518)
- Combustibility: Non-combustible (SABS 0177 Part 5)
- Class 1 Fire index rating ( SANS 10177 Part 3)
- Flame spread Index: 20 (ESTM-84)
- Smoke development Index: 10 (ESTM-84)
Install (15/40/50)mm non-combustible Sonic Liner as internal lining for (air conditioning/heating/cooling) ducts with the black woven glass cloth facing the air stream. Sonic Liner shall be adhered to sheet metal with mechanical fasteners either impact driven or weld secured which shall compress the Sonic Liner sufficiently to hold it firmly in place. Air velocity up to 12.8 m/s - fasteners should not be more than 100mm form the corners of the duct, not more than 300mm centres across the width and not more than 450mm centres along the length. Air velocity from 12.8 m/s to 20m/s - fasteners should not be more than 100mm form the corners of the duct, not more than150mm centres across the width and not more than 400mm centres along the length.