K-flex Elastomeric closed cell elastomeric foam has been successfully used as pipe insulation since it was patented in 1954. Available in a wide range of shapes and thicknesses, elastomeric foam can be easily manipulated to fit snugly around all kinds of equipment, from residential piping to large commercial chillers. There are closed cell elastomeric foams that meet all of the code requirements, fire ratings, noise blocking, and efficiency standards for a variety of applications.
K-flex Elastomeric is available in closed cell tubes as well as flat sheets.
- SHEETS TECHNICAL DATA
- MOISTURE RESISTANCE
- PRODUCT FEATURES
- CLOSED CELL STRUCTURE
- LOW WATER ABSORPTION PROPERTIES
- LOW THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY
- LOW WATER VAPOUR PERMEABILITY
- SUPERIOR FIRE PERFORMANCE
- PIPES TECHNICAL DATA
- Refrigeration piping, hot and cold water lines, and chilled water piping
- HVAC components
- Interior and exterior duct systems
- Chillers and Chilled water buffer tanks
- Mechanical systems in industrial, pharmaceutical, and marine and offshore applications
- Solar installations
|Low Water Absorption:||Low water absorption ensures long term thermal conductivity stability so that it can continue to conserve energy and prevent surface condensation.|
|Moisture Resistance:||Moisture resistance remains closed cell K-flex Elastomeric foam insulation’s strongest selling point when compared to other insulating materials.|
|Closed Cell Structure:||Closed Cell Structure along with a lower density prevents
thermal bridging and minimizes heat gains/losses.
|Temperature range:||-200°C max +116°C**|
|Thermal conductivity λ W/(m.K) EN 12667 (DIN 52612) - ENISO 8497 (DIN 52613):||-20°C = 0.034 / 0°C = 0.036*/ +20°C = 0.038|
|Thermal conductivity λ W/(m.K) L10 EN 12667 (DIN 52612) - ENISO 8497 (DIN 52613):||+40°C = 0.040 W/(m.K)|
|Corrosion problems:||DIN 1988/7*; pH neutral|
|Permeability μ EN12086 (DIN 52615):||≥7000*|
|Fire:||CI. “0” BS 476 P 6/7 1989|
Moisture resistance remains the strongest selling point when compared to other insulating materials. This also makes it great for below ambient applications, where condensation is an issue. Solid thermal performance, user-friendly installation, durability, and appealing IAQ characteristics make it suitable for the full range of HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing applications. Thermal Insulation for pipework, vessels, ducts and solar panels including outdoors insulation and protection for piping and fittings in applications such as:
- Solar collectors (both outdoor and indoor use)
- Under hood automotive applications
- Chemical storage tanks
- District heating lines
- Industrial process pipeworks
- Discharge pipes of refrigeration units (discharge temperature may be over +105° C)
- Hot high pressure lines in reversible air-to-air heat pumps
- Low density, closed-cell structure, low thermal conductivity, long-use life, low cost of routine maintenance and repairs.
- Closed-cell structure and the dense skin aids in low water absorption
- Soft materials, construction easy to install, and pleasing in appearance, smooth.
- Wide temperature range from -50 degrees to 110 degrees, good weather ability.
- Excellent fire performance.
Closed cell structure along with a lower density prevents thermal bridging and minimizes heat gains/losses.
Low water absorption ensures long term thermal conductivity stability so that it can continue to conserve energy and prevent surface condensation.
K-flex Elastomeric foam is the best energy saving choice with a low thermal conductivity.
Unlike other products in the market, K-flex Elastomeric foam does not need a vapour barrier such as a silver jacketing as the product itself has a very low water permeability and high moisture resistance factor.
K-flex Elastomeric insulation materials are certified with Class 1, Class O and FM Approved to ensure the highest fire safety standards. Unlike other insulation materials in the market, K-flex Elastomeric insulation does not drip when fire is exposed and self-extinguishes once fire is removed. K-flex Elastomeric insulation materials are certified with Class 1, Class O and FM Approved to ensure the highest fire safety standards, unlike other insulation materials in the market.
|Temperature range||-200 °C max +116°C** (-50 max +90 for ST/SK)|
|Thermal conductivity λ W/(m.K) EN 12667 (DIN 52612) - ENISO 8497 (DIN 52613)||-20°C = 0.034 / 0°C = 0.036*/ +20°C = 0.038|
|Thermal conductivity λ W/(m.K) L10 EN 12667 (DIN 52612) - ENISO 8497 (DIN 52613)||+40°C = 0.040 W/(m.K)|
|Corrosion risk||DIN 1988/7*; pH neutral|
|Permeability μ EN12086 (DIN 52615)||≥7000*|
|Fire||CI. “0” BS 476 P 6/7 1989|