K-flex Elastomeric closed cell elastomeric foam has been successfully used as pipe insulation since it was patented in 1954. Available in a wide range of shapes and thicknesses, elastomeric foam can be easily manipulated to fit snugly around all kinds of equipment, from residential piping to large commercial chillers. There are closed cell elastomeric foams that meet all of the code requirements, fire ratings, noise blocking, and efficiency standards for a variety of applications.
K-flex Elastomeric is available in closed cell tubes as well as flat sheets.
- Refrigeration piping, hot and cold water lines, and chilled water piping.
- HVAC components.
- Interior and exterior duct systems.
- Chillers and Chilled water buffer tanks.
- Mechanical systems in industrial, pharmaceutical, and marine and offshore applications.
- Solar installations.
• Low water absorption ensures long term thermal conductivity stability so that it can continue to conserve energy and prevent surface condensation.
• Moisture resistance remains closed cell K-flex Elastomeric foam insulation’s strongest selling point when compared to other insulating materials.
• Closed Cell Structure along with a lower density prevents thermal bridging and minimizes heat gains/losses.