Stay cool in summer and warm in winter. Aerolite is lightweight, easy to use ceiling insulation manufactured from spun-glass. Aerolite ceiling insulation is South Africa’s no.1 ceiling insulation as it is non-combustible, saves energy and is SANS 10400 – XA Compliant.
Think Pink Aerolite offers thermal and acoustic properties, and is one of if not THE most sought after home insulation products on the market. Insulate your home and enjoy life long energy savings, and watch as Aerolite pays for itself in just a couple of years.
Stay comfortable throughout the year. Aerolite’s excellent thermal properties, keeps your home warm in winter and cool in summer. It reduces heat flow throughout your home, and reduces electricity consumption, by reducing the need to use temperature controlling electronics to stay comfortable during our extreme seasons.
- AEROLITE IN SUMMER
- AEROLITE IN WINTER
- AEROLITE ROLL SIZES AVAILABLE
- SAVE MONEY BY INSULATIONG YOUR HOME
- LIVE COMFORTABLY
- A TYPICAL UN-INSULATED HOME
- AEROLITE IS RATED A/A1/1 BY TIPSASA
- A MEDICAL VIEW POINT ON AEROLITE
- Saves Energy and Saves you Money: Adding insulation to your home saves money and improves comfort. Adding insulation to your home is a sound investment that is likely to pay for itself quickly in reduced electricity bills. Insulation inhibits heat flow through the building envelope of your home, saving money and improving comfort.
- Non-Combustible: Aerolite is made up from glass-wool also known as fibreglass which does not ignite when exposed to fire and has been tested and rated as completely non-combustible. Rated A/A1/I.
- No-Health-Hazard-Icon: Aerolite carries no health hazards & is 100% safe for your whole family.
- Non-Sustenance: Aerolite does not provide sustenance for rodents.
- Reduces Heat Flow: It reduces heat flow by up to 87% and can lower the temperature in summer by up to 5 °C.
- Acoustic Properties: Think Pink Aerolite offers excellent thermal and acoustic properties.
- Aeropink is Green: Aerolite is produced from a combination of naturally occurring minerals such as Silica Sand which is a sustainable resource up to 80% recycled glass – making our glasswool environmentally friendly and non-combustible.
The sun’s heat penetrates the roof and forms a heat trap within your home. Aerolite ceiling insulation installed in your ceiling reduces heat penetration by up to 87% resulting in a home that is noticeably cooler. Africa is known for its extreme temperatures, but with global warming on the increase, things are only going to get worse. Install Aerolite in your ceiling for natural temperature control and do your part to save natural resources. Aerolite works to maintain a temperature comfort zone, which reduces the costs involved with heating and cooling. To save money, and the environment – install Aerolite today! SABS approved Non-combustible.
- Aerolite slows down the rate of heat exchange from the higher outside air temperature into your cooler house temperature
- Indoor climate remains comfortable
- Cooling units work optimally
Heat generated internally with heaters etc, escapes through the ceiling. Aerolite contains the heat within your home. It helps reduce heat loss by up to 87%. Africa is known for its extreme temperatures, but with global warming on the increase, things are only going to get worse. Install Aerolite in your ceiling for natural temperature control and do your part to save natural resources. Aerolite works to maintain a temperature comfort zone, which reduces the costs involved with heating and cooling. To save money, and the environment – install Aerolite today! SABS approved Non-combustible.
- Aerolite slows down the rate of heat exchange from the warm indoor environment to the colder external environment
- Indoor climate remains comfortable
- Heating systems work optimally
|Types||Length (m)||Width (m)||Thick (mm)||Area (m²)||Volume (m³)||R-Value||NRC Value|
- Adding insulation to your home saves money and improves comfort.
- Adding insulation to your home is a sound investment that is likely to pay for itself quickly in reduced utility bills.
- Insulation inhibits heat flow through the building envelope of your home, saving money and improving comfort.
Insulation in your home provides resistance to heat flow. The more heat flow resistance your insulation provides, the lower your heating and cooling costs. Properly insulating your home not only reduces heating and cooling costs, but also improves comfort.
An un-insulated home loses and gains up to 35% of it’s energy through the ceiling, and this can be dramatically reduced by installing the correct thickness insulation. An important consideration when building, is to determine the relevant climatic zone. Each of the climatic zones have a different R-Value, which is the ability of a product to resist the transfer of heat. Thermal insulation provides a high resistance to the flow of heat from the warm surface to the cold surface in your home, helping you maintain a comfortable living environment, keeping your house cool in summer and warm in winter.
Aerolite is Rated A/A1/1 – Completely Non-Combustible and has no installation limitations. Aerolite is rated A/A1/1 on the TIPSASA fire performance register and is non-combustible. Aerolite does not contribute to the spread of flame and can be used in vertical or horizontal applications as proven during fire standard testing. Many homes are left at risk with unsafe insulation products and incorrect applications, leading to house fires which can be prevented by installing thoroughly tested products such as Aerolite. Fire performance classification of thermal insulated building envelope systems in accordance with SANS 428:2012. Products are first tested to establish the combustibility rating – A (Non-combustible) or B (Combustible).
Aerolite is rated A (Non-Combustible)
- Aerolite is made up from glass-wool also known as fibreglass which does not ignite when exposed to fire and has been tested and rated as completely Non-Combustible. Products are tested to determine surface fire properties – Example: A1 and/or B1, B2, B3 or B4.
Aerolite received a Surface Property Rating of A1
- Aerolite does not spread flame and does not contribute to the spread of flame.Use of products in accordance with Occupancy Classifications.
Aerolite received a “Use of products in accordance with Occupancy Classification” of 1
- Aerolite can be installed in any type of residential and commercial building.
Aerolite has been classified as H & V
- Aerolite can be installed either horizontally or vertically.
Aerolite is a safe and environmentally friendly product, and is made from fiberglass which is the most evaluated insulation material on the market. Fiberglass insulation products are safely manufactured, installed and used worldwide.
Epidemiological studies that have been published, indicates that there is no evidence that fiberglass increases the risk of lung cancer or mesothelioma (cancer of the lining of the body cavities), during occupational exposure as the material is manufactured.
These evaluations show that no association has been found between either cancer or non-malignant pulmonary disease and human exposure to glass fibres
SOUTH AFRICA’S CLIMATE ZONE
South Africa has been divided into six climatic zones according to their humidity and temperature variations.
|SANS 204 Recommended Aerolite Ceiling Insulation Thicknesses For Your Climate Zone:|
|Minimum required Total R-value (m².K/W) (for roof solar absorptance of more than 0.55)|
|Zone 1 = 135mm – use 135mm Aerolite|
|Zone 2 = 130mm – use 135mm Aerolite|
|Zone 3 = 100mm – use 100mm Aerolite|
|Zone 4 = 135mm – use 135mm Aerolite|
|Zone 5 = 100mm – use 100mm Aerolite|
|Zone 6 = 130mm – use 135mm Aerolite|
K-Value = Thermal Conductivity
The K-Value is the property of a material to conduct heat