EPS: Lightweight thermal insulating mortar. EPS beads which are treated with a chemical additive to enable the production of lightweight, thermal insulation mortars of various densities.
- FEATURES & BENEFITS
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- THERMAL PROPERTIES
- TOOLS NEEDED FOR INSTALLATION
- HANDLING & STORAGE
- FIRE PROPERTIES
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- ARCHITECTURAL SPECIFICATION
Thermal insulation mortar for concrete roof decks, underground floor slabs, basement walls, swimming pools, etc. Lightweight filler for voids or leveling of floor slabs. Cavity fill for steel frame construction.
- Easy to mix, place and finish.
- Cost effective.
- Homogenous bead distribution gives good workability and predictable performance.
- Good workability enables mixed material to be pumped 100 m horizontally and 30 m vertically.
- No loss of workability, even when pumped long distances.
- Mix design variable to produce densities from 200 to 1 000 kg/m3.
- Compatible with most finishing products and adhesives.
Long term to indefinite, subject to appropriate mix design and best practice in application methods.
Bags should be stored in a clean, dry place away from items which could split or damage the bags.
Thermal insulation to concrete roof decks should be Politerm Blu, laid to falls at an average thickness of 100 mm reducing to a minimum of 50 mm at rainwater outlets. Preparation, mixing and curing should be carried out in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Subsequent application of waterproofing should not commence until the Politerm screed is free of residual moisture.